Tips for ensuring a smooth claims process
If you do need to make a claim, we try to make the process as hassle free as possible. To help ensure that claims are processed quickly here are some useful tips to consider, not only when claiming but also during the application stage.
At application stage
- Make sure you answer the health questions in the application form honestly and in as much detail as you can. If you are unsure whether any particular fact would be relevant to us please include it anyway, as we may not contact or obtain a report from your doctor.
- Before you submit and sign your application form, re-check your answers to ensure that they are correct.
- If there are any changes to your health or occupation after you’ve applied or before your plan starts please let us know.
- After reading your Confirmation Schedule, if you find anything that is incorrect or you have forgotten to tell us about, please let us know.
- If you fail to disclose any relevant information this may result in your claim not being paid.
- Check with your doctor that your diagnosis, injury or illness meets the terms and required definition for the benefit that you are considering claiming against.
- If you have an exclusion on your Plan check whether it is applicable to you and may affect your ability to claim. If you need for advice before submitting your claim. call us on 0845 601 0072.
- Submit your claim as soon as possible as some benefits have a notification period.
- Before returning your claim form check that it has been completed in full, accurately, and has been signed (including the “Consent to Access Medical Information” section).
- If someone else has completed the form and, or signed it on your behalf, please add a note stating this.
- If we request medical records from your doctor, you may also want to contact them yourself to help ensure that the request is handled quickly.
- Please continue to pay the premiums whilst your claim is being processed.
Or call us 0845 601 0072and we'll put you in touch with a Financial AdviserLines are open Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 6.00pm
and Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm